Cayenne Pepper has many different well known and respected remedies. From helping to get rid of your head aches to helping boost your immune system. All these remedies are known to work but as it may vary from person to person. A lot of people worry about the heat of it but in order for people to get used to it they have so start using small amounts in their food. It tastes great and makes food taste amazing. You will enjoy every bit.
A few remedies are…
- If you have a head ache all you need to do is add a ½ teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper to a glass of warm water and this will help get rid of your headache. There are other solutions like a nasal spray just sniffing Cayenne Pepper but these will burn like crazy and only last for a short period.
- It is great to get rid of a sore throat, all you need to do is gargle with a little bit of Cayenne Pepper in warm water. Do this every 30 minutes and after a few time you will see your throat is feeling better already.
- Cayenne Pepper can also help alleviate the pain of a toothache, what you need to do is rub some ground Cayenne Pepper onto the tooth and the gum around the tooth. You should start to feel some kind of relief after a few seconds but this remedy also depends on the person so it might help for some and others not.
- It is also a great remedy to help with the digestive system. It stimulates the flow or saliva and stomach secretions there for lining the digestive tract and helping your digestive system work much smoother. This will help with nausea, gas, stomach aches and indigestion.
- Bad Breath can sometimes be caused by a bad digestive system, Cayenne Pepper can prove to be very helpful in this area. What you can do is make Cayenne Pepper tea by adding a teaspoon full of Cayenne pepper to a cup of hot water and then drink this 3 times a day.
- If you have a cold and sinusitis, there is a remedy that will work wonders it includes boiling water, tablespoon of honey, a squeeze of lemon juice and 1/3 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper. Add all the ingredients into a cup, stir and drink. This will help with your fever, runny nose, cough and sore throat.
- Do you have bad circulation especially during winter? All you need to do is run yourself a bath, not too hot and add a teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper into your bath and this will help.
- If you have a know heart problem or heart disease Cayenne Pepper can aid in healing the problem or reducing a heart attack. This can be done only if Cayenne Pepper is included in your everyday diet or if you drink a glass of warm water with ¼ a teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper in it every day. You will get used to it. Cayenne Pepper is known to reduce cholesterol and lower blood pressure.
- Cayenne Pepper can also increase your metabolism. All you need to do is add Cayenne Pepper to your everyday meals just to add a little bit of spice to it. It increases your metabolism by increasing the body temperature and therefore increasing the amount of calories the body burns.
Dentist Formulated All Natural Mouthwash Addresses a Common Cause of Tooth Decay and Bad Breath
Los Angeles, May 13, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Celebrity dentist and creator of Oral Essentials™ Dr. Kourosh Maddahi launches a new Dry Mouth Formula to add to his organic line of oral care products. Built around the same honest and mineral-rich solution as his best selling Oral Essentials™ Original Formula, the specialized Dry Mouth Formula touts the addition of cayenne pepper, coconut, and grapeseed oils to help stimulate better saliva production and maintain optimal moisture levels in the mouth.
“If you have difficulty swallowing or often find yourself reaching for water in the night, you may be one of the millions dealing with dry mouth,” said Dr. Maddahi. “What many people do not realize, however, is that dry mouth doesn’t stop at discomfort; it is actually a major cause of tooth decay and bad breath. I created Oral Essentials™ Dry Mouth Formula as a great daily method for combating this issue, without the need for chemicals.”
Like all of Dr. Maddahi’s mouthwash solutions, his Oral Essentials™ Dry Mouth Formula is entirely free of harsh chemicals, preservatives, alcohol, and dyes. Instead, the top dentist has chosen natural ingredients, such as Dead Sea Salt, Aloe Vera, French Essential Oils, and Xylitol to improve freshness and protection in the mouth, without disrupting pH balance.
“In the past 10 years, I have noticed a significant rise in tooth decay caused by dry mouth in my patients,” said Dr. Maddahi. “Sometimes it is a side effect caused by medication, other times it’s simply genetics, and then there are those patients who experience dry mouth as a result of everyday habits, such as sleeping with their mouths open. What Oral Essentials™ Dry Mouth Formula is able to do is fight back against dry mouth symptoms by adding extra moisture to the mouth and triggering better saliva flow.”
Source: Dr. Maddahi Launches Oral Essentials™ Dry Mouth Formula with Cayenne Pepper and Coconut Oils
There is nothing as widely used and relied upon as cayenne pepper, to transform a mundane everyday-dish to a hot and spicy showstopper, especially in India.
Cayenne Pepper takes its name from the Cayenne region of French Guinea. It is grown in the tropical and sub-tropical regions of India, Africa, United States of America and Mexico. It was introduced to the rest of the world by Spanish and Portuguese travellers, who carried it from South America where it was cultivated for the first time.
Not many are aware that some chilli powder variants are not purely made from Cayenne pepper (having additives like fennel seed powder), but are perfect substitutes for it. One of the local versions is Kashmiri laal mirch powder, which is not too hot but imparts a striking red colour to food preparations.
1. Aids in Digestion
Apart from exciting the palate, cayenne pepper also stimulates the production of various gastric juices and enzymes in the digestive tract, thus aiding digestion. It also helps in soothing intestinal gas problems. Dr. Shikha Sharma, a Delhi-based nutritionist and the founder of NutriHealth, advocates the use of cayenne pepper in our food to push for a healthy metabolic system.
2. Detox Power
Cayenne pepper stimulates the circulatory system. If had with a glass of warm water and fresh lemon juice in the mornings, it helps the body detoxify itself. It increases the body temperature, giving a kickstart to our metabolism. Another benefit of this early-morning drink is regulation of blood sugar levels.
3. Anti-bacterial, Anti-fungal and Anti-irritant
This hot ingredient is also said to aid an upset stomach, and those suffering from ulcers. What’s more? Cayenne pepper acts as the body’s shield against allergens and can prevent migraine attacks. The gut has both healthy and unhealthy bacteria. Cayenne pepper keeps the gut healthy by maintaining an optimum pH balance that hinders the growth of the microbes in the gut.
4. Can Prevent Cancer
Researchers from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, found that the compound responsible for chilli’s heat has the power to kill prostate cancer cells. The findings suggest that with further research, the compound capsaicin found in cayenne pepper could one day be used to develop effective anti-cancer drugs in the form of an injection or pill.
5. Helps Nurse a Cold
As consumption of cayenne pepper raises the temperature of the body, it helps to decongest mucus and thus gives relief from cold and flu discomfort. A light sprinkling in a steaming bowl of healthy vegetable soup can go a long way to fight that pesky flu. Besides, it also has anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it a natural pain killer. It is also used as one of the components in topical pain relieving ointments and creams.
6. Protects the Heart
Most often heart attacks are caused due to blocked blood vessels. Not only does cayenne pepper help in regulating blood pressure levels, it also prevents the clotting of blood if consumed in optimal quantities on a daily-basis.
7. Good for Weight Loss
This wondrous spice starts working its magic even before reaching the stomach, ie in the mouth itself. It stimulates the production of saliva, which is great for digestion, and teeth and gum health. Moreover, it is said to aid in weight loss. Here too, the compound capsaicin plays a role where it helps in burning calories and curbs the appetite, if consumed regularly along with other beneficial ingredients.